This website uses cookies. By closing this notification you agree to our use of cookies. You can update this at any time via your browser settings.
To learn more about how we use cookies please see our cookies policy.

How Can I Protect My Home?

Besides being the biggest financial commitment you’re ever likely to make, your home is probably the place where you feel most comfortable, spend most of your time and store your most treasured possessions.It needs to be well-protected.


Buildings insurance is designed to pay for any structural damage to a property caused by flood, fire and subsidence. It’s an essential purchase for anyone who owns their own home or has a mortgage. But it’s not something you normally need as a tenant, because it’s considered the responsibility of your landlord.

Contents insurance is designed to pay for any personal possessions that are lost, damaged or stolen from your home. Along with buildings cover, it’s an essential purchase for anyone who owns their own home or has a mortgage. It’s also the one insurance you do need as a tenant, in order to safeguard your belongings.


A lot of lenders will only provide the mortgage if certain conditions are met. Your Prospect Mortgage adviser will notify you of any insurance conditions with your mortgage choice and can ensure these policies are put in place for you.

We work with a comprehensive panel of insurers representative of the whole of the market, including some of the largest insurers providers in the United Kingdom. In an ideal world, fully comprehensive financial protection would include Life insurance with Critical Illness cover as well as Income Protection insurance. This is because they each protect against a different major life event.

DON’T BE FOOLED…Not all policies are the same! – Submit an enquiry now and get a quote

Book an Appointment

Book an appointment